HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
When you interact with our website, products, and services, we may collect information you voluntarily provide to us in a variety of ways:
- When you visit our website.
- When you send us an application or other form.
- When you conduct a transaction with us, our affiliates, or others.
This information may include your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, fax number, other information entered into an application or other form, or your credit card information in connection with a transaction.
We also collect technical information, including, but not limited to, browser type, IP address, pages visited, and other activities on the website, device type, and time and date of visit. We collect location information if permitted by your browser settings.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Thought Axis, Inc may keep and use information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To provide you with access to this website or our products or services;
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and offerings in which you are most interested;
- To respond to your requests;
- To bill you for products/services you purchased;
- To provide ongoing service and support;
- To communicate with you by mail, email, or telephone;
- To research, develop, and improve programs, products, services, and content;
- To protect our rights or property or to protect someone’s health, safety, or welfare; and
- To comply with a law or regulation, court order, or other legal process.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We share personal information with third parties, including the following:
- Third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf, such as those that provide website operation services, email services, and payment processing services;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, dissolution, or acquisition;
- Pursuant to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or as otherwise required or requested by law, regulation, or government authority programs, or to protect our rights or property, protect someone’s health, safety, or welfare; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Functionality and Preference Cookies. These are cookies the primary purpose of which is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register with us, a cookie helps Thought Axis, Inc to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Thought Axis, Inc website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to the web pages on the web site or to monitor how our users navigate the web site and in email messages to count how many email messages sent were actually opened, acted upon or forwarded.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you choose to use your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access or fully experience the interactive features of the Thought Axis, Inc websites you visit.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND TOOLS
Our website may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on our website, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
We have implemented physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to help protect personal information. Despite these precautions, as is the case with all websites, applications, and online services, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not be able to obtain access to your personal information.
This site may provide public discussions on various business valuation topics. Please note that any information you post in these discussions will become public, so please do not post sensitive information in the public discussions. Whenever you publicly disclose information online, that information could be collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any action or policies of any third parties who collect information that users disclose in any such forums on the web site. Thought Axis, Inc does not agree or disagree with anything posted on the discussion board. Also remember that you must comply with our other published policies regarding postings on our public forums.
This section applies to those that visit our website from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland.
We process personal information with your consent (e.g., when we process personal information to provide services you request). On other occasions, we may process personal information when we need to do so to fulfill a contract (for example, to deliver the services) or where required to do so by law.
If necessary, we may also process personal information when it is in our legitimate interests to do so (e.g., providing our services and customer service) and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Please be aware that the personal information we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store personal information in the United States.
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal information;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal information;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal information about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal information directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal information.
To exercise these rights, contact us using the “Contact Us” section on this website. Please be aware that we may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE RETAINED
We will process and store your information only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage, or as permitted by law. We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your information to comply with applicable tax/revenue laws), resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as otherwise described in this policy. After expiration of that period, the corresponding information is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of a contract or the initiation of a contract.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We may make your personal information available to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may request, no more than once per year, that we send you via mail or email: (1) the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties; and (2) the names and addresses of those third parties. To request this information, please contact email@example.com.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any personal information attached to your account by logging into your account and changing the information or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR RIGHT TO UNSUBSCRIBE
You may unsubscribe from mailing at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of any email from Thought Axis, Inc. Please note that if you already have requested products or services when you decide to unsubscribe, there may be a short period of time for us to update your preferences and ensure that we honor your request.
This website and our products and services are not intended for children under the age of 13. Thought Axis, Inc does not knowingly or intentionally collect, maintain, disclose, or otherwise process any personal information from minors below the age of 13.
If you have any questions, please contact us here.